Today is Thursday. When YB wakes up on Thursday morning the first question he asks is, "Is today grocery shopping day?" When I tell him yes, he claps his hands - sort of a golf clap, but still. He LOVES grocery shopping. He takes his "job" very seriously and helps me to put things from his picture list into the cart. The other two, well, not so much. They're really just along for the ride, although they have their moments. Both boys also REALLY love putting the items from the cart onto the belt for check-out. As there are usually upwards of 100 items, this is a big job and they are a HUGE help.
Now, the cashier's job is to RING UP THE ITEMS. There are 3 of us capable of removing items from the cart and putting them on the belt. Today, our cashier decided that she would rather "help" us by putting the items on the belt herself. I know she was just trying to help. However. YB is screaming, "I WANTED TO GET THE STRAWS OUT! WAAAHHH! I WANTED TO GET MY COOL (oatmeal - long story) OUT! WAAHHH! MOM-MY!" Yet does she stop? Oh, no! She keeps on going! Meanwhile, NO ONE IS RINGING UP MY FREAKIN' GROCERIES! So not only has she irritated the heck out of YB by doing HIS job, I have to wait an extra 5 minutes until she finally has the entire cart unloaded and THEN she starts to ring, which is HER job. HULLO, GENIUS! And THEN, she ties the bags shut. I hate this. I have to meticulously untie each bag before I can cram it into the back of the space shuttle (what I lovingly call our minivan) so that I don't end up with squished grapes and broken eggs! UGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment