Our kids were...more well-behaved than we expected but not exactly perfect. I had to miss nearly the entire ceremony because BG does not want to sit still for more than 15 seconds. At least I got to see the bride come down the aisle and the adorable little flower girl and ring bearer do their thing! The boys were quiet but impatient (Can we go the hotel? How about now? Now? NOW?) but that's to be expected at their ages. After the ceremony, Oldest Boy asked, "When are you and Daddy going to get married?" I said, "We already did!" He said, "I know, but when are you going to do it again? I like weddings!" At least the reception was absolutely FULL of other small children, so ours did not stick out like sore thumbs. Their favorite thing for awhile was the silverware.

Until the fondue showed up. And then a certain uncle (who shall remain nameless - but it starts with a J and ends with an -immy) decided he would take both of the boys to get some chocolate-covered stuff. When they came back, Oldest Boy was the chocolate-covered stuff. Oh, well. Life with kids is never boring!
One thing always strikes me when we have a get-together with my in-laws. I don't know how my sisters-in-law did it (and I know they're not perfect - they're the first to say so) but DAMN they did a good job with their kids. They love each other and their parents with such fierceness and I envy that and can only hope to reproduce it with our children after surviving the teenage years!
Oh, and in case you're wondering, no, we did not make my deadline for walking in time for the wedding. Technically, she does "walk" by holding on to just one hand so you could stretch it and say my prayer was answered. I guess I wasn't quite specific enough...
No comments:
Post a Comment