I have my very own Abbott and Costello routine going on at our house every day. The boys are starting to understand "jokes", but they're not really very good at making up there own. They have their standards (courtesy of Playhouse Disney), which they usually start with, "Thanks for coming. You're a great audience! Mommy, do you want to hear a funny joke?"
"What kind of car does Minnie Mouse drive? A Mini Van! Get it?"
"What kind of shoes do you make out of bananas? Slippers! Get it?"
"What do you call a monkey wearing a metal suit who can tighten things? A monkey wrench! Get it?"
These ones I get. It's these next ones that we only laugh at because they're so ridiculously NOT funny...
"What do pants put in their dresser? Pants! Get it?"
"Why does a giraffe eat peanuts? Because he likes peanuts and leaves! Get it?"
"What do monkeys put in their dresser? Pants! Get it?"
Huh?! But by the time they are done (and this is by no means all of them, just the ones that I can remember), they are laughing their little butts off and Mr. Moth and I are in absolute tears!
It doesn't get any sillier than this (in their own version of "your mama" jokes): "What if Darth Vader were riding a skate board and eating a banana and he ran into the wall and said, 'Who put this tree here?'"
Yep, that's what I said.
2 comments:
I'm feeling pretty dumb right now because I don't get it. Pants? Banana? Yeah, I don't get it. :-)
OMG this is SUCH a classic little boy stage..mine are 8 & 11 and they BOTH went thru the REALLY REALLY lame joke stage..lol..
I was chuckling reading that- I could have seriously wrote that post a few years ago!!
Post a Comment