Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summertime!

I don't know if you're familiar with the show Jon and Kate + 8 (http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/jon-and-kate/jon-and-kate.html), but it's a show on TLC about a family who has a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. The mother (Kate) once had a tummy tuck to remove excess skin caused by having 6 babies at once. The boys LOVE to watch this show with me. We've seen nearly every episode, including the tummy tuck one where she showed her "before" belly. Last week, I decided to put on my bikini to get a little sun while the boys were playing in our kiddie pool. While I was putting sunscreen on Oldest Boy, he said, "Mommy, you're belly looks..."

"DON'T say it!"

"I wasn't going to say 'fat'. I was going to say it looks like that lady's who had 6 babies in her belly! But only when you bend over..." Nice.

We've also tried Popsicles for the first time. I know, I know. I'm a bad mommy. How could I never have let my kids have Popsicles? Technically, Baby Girl had 2 while she was in the ER for dehydration at Walt Disney World, but I suppose that doesn't count, does it?

Youngest Boy is not a fan. Yesterday, the only flavors I had were orange and red (cherry). Oldest Boy chose orange and YB would have nothing to do with the red one. You see, green is his favorite color. So, I had to promise to buy green Popsicles at the grocery store today. Oldest Boy wanted to know what flavor green would be. I told him they would be lime flavored. He said, "Slime?!?!"


Youngest Boy very sweetly asked, "Will they have black ones for Oldest Boy? (black is his favorite color - please don't ask) Maybe they'll be olive flavored!" "And red will be tomato flavored!" Can you believe that to them these sounded like good flavors?

Notice his mouth never actually touches it!

Blue, the closest color we could find to black.

Some day (20 years at least) this will be, "Hey, baby, would you like to see my Popsicle?"The thumbs up. The greatest compliment you can get while their mouths are full.

PS If anyone can tell me, please, how to change the name of a link when I put it on my blog, I would appreciate. Speak slowly and use small words...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am deathly afraid of the day my children can point out the damage that 2.5 pregnancies has done!

I am glad to hear that I am not the only mom that 'forgot' about popsicles! It had honestly never dawned on me until last week to buy them for the kids. I felt so bad I also bought a couple of juice boxes, since they have never had those either. Too cute on the flavors . . . could you imagine if the red ones really tasted like tomatoes?!

(And to create a link without typing it out: highlight the word or words that you want to link from, click on the 'Hyperlink' icon at the top of the box containing your post - a small box should appear containing 'http://'. Type in the address of the page that you want to link to and click 'Okay'. The word or words that contain the link will appear as a different color in your post, letting the reader know they can follow the link for more information (check out one of my Friday's Find posts for an example). Did that make any sense?!)

beanski said...

I am horrified by how much more torturous pregnancy #2 is on one's body. I didn't get a single stretch mark with Renee and bounced back to my normal size with very little sag. This time, I'm certain, is different. The weight is coming faster, I can see where the stretch marks are going to form...I can't imagine what happens with #3 and am not sure I want to find out! :)

I hear you on the wedding, it's impossible to actually talk to anyone...too many people and too much to do. I had my picture taken straight for no fewer than 4 hours! I'm glad you got to see Renee and made her laugh. She looked terrified when I retrieved her after the ceremony...sensitive little thing.