Chances are, if you're reading my blog it's because I asked you to. So, thanks. Mainly, I'm doing this to keep family and friends - who seem to be scattered about the country at this point - updated on our life. My husband, who will be referred to as Mr. MOTH (Man Of The House), is extremely private and I will do my very best to always respect his privacy. Our children, Oldest Boy(5 1/2), Youngest Boy(3 1/2), and Baby Girl (17 months), will be referred to as such in order to do my best to respect their privacy. Everyone else, look out!
Today, BG had physical therapy. She does not walk independently as yet, and we're seeing a wonderful therapist, Miss Cheryl from Positive Steps, every Tuesday morning. MY goal for her to start walking (well, besides 5 months ago) was this weekend. You see, we have a family wedding to attend and there will be other babies there in the same age range, or several MONTHS younger, as our BG. Other babies who are walking. Or ALMOST walking. {SIGH} I know, I know. It's not a competition. Every child is different. BLAH. BLAH. BLAH. I can't help but feel somehow incompetent. Even though I helped to coach both boys to walk at a respectable age (early even for YB - 10 1/2 months!), still I feel incompetent. The biggest problem is that I KNOW she can do it. When the boys were able to take a couple of steps independently, there was no holding them back! They pretty much ran. Full speed. Immediately after taking those first steps. BG can take a couple of steps. But she prefers to crawl. Fast. Girls are different (Mr. MOTH says this on a regular basis...actually, I think he says, "difficult") but still.
It's been my experience that when you pray very specific prayers, they almost always get answered. I have been praying VERY SPECIFICALLY that BG will walk before this wedding. We have 4 days left. Here's hoping (AND praying)!

2 comments:
Hi!!!!!
I'll pray for walking! Just so you know, J was a late walker too. Ed was walking at like...10 months...J preferred to crawl because he could keep up....walking was too slpw. Once she gets going, I KNOW she'll be running!
I love this you are so clever.
When BG walks up to you and says"Hey mom can I take the car tonight? My girlfriends and I want to go to a movie, dance,party, etc., you are going to forget about this small worry. (but I will pray for you too.) Your stories always bring back good memories for me. You are a great mom in my book.
Love
Aunt D.
Post a Comment