Friday, July 11, 2008

Fireflies

Before we became parents, Mr. MOTH once asked me why I wanted to have children. I'm sure I gave some stupid answer like, "I love kids!" The truth? I still want to BE a kid. Yesterday a change in routine made me decide that it was the perfect day to do a childish thing.

11:00AM: Baby Girl fell asleep on the way home from the grocery store (WAAAYYY too early) and then woke up when Oldest Boy melted down just as we walked in the door.

1:30PM: Oldest Boy decided he would rather take a nap than play outside and quietly went up to his room with his Bear and fell asleep.

3:00PM: BG goes down for her nap - Later than normal to try to compensate for the 15 minutes in the car. OB wakes up.

4:00PM: I decide to (finally!) squeeze in a 20 minute aerobics video (Remember - I have a dress to fit into for a wedding tomorrow. While I love being a mother of three, I don't like looking like one - although it will be obvious with two boys hanging on to my skirt while I carry our little girl {SIGH}). During said video, Youngest Boy falls asleep; BG wakes up.

Because the boys don't normally take a nap and BG took a shorter one than normal, I decided it would be the perfect night to keep the boys up to catch fireflies and use up the rest of our 4th of July sparklers while BG slept. And it was. Life is good. Could we be more blessed?

No comments: