Thursday, July 31, 2008

She Can WALK!

It's official. Baby Girl FINALLY walks more than she crawls!! It's still not 100% of the time, but it's more than 50, so I'm calling it. She's officially a toddler! WOOHOO! And she's just 1 week shy of being 18 months old. Not too shabby, I guess. Rumor has it that she's got her daddy beat! He didn't walk before 18 months himself, so he's never really been too concerned. She looks absolutely hilarious. She teeters around and every time she falls down she says, "Whoa." She says it like it should be followed by, "Dude, did you see that?"

And do you know what's missing? The monkey arms! Both boys walked for about a week with their arms up over their heads, kind of like little chimpanzees! Baby Girl didn't do that because someone actually told us how to help her walk by keeping her hands held in front or next to her. I guess maybe I should have gotten a degree in child development before I decided to have babies...


And finally, the quote of the week:

Oldest Boy (out of the blue): "Mommy, when you have your yellow dress on, you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

Youngest Boy: "Mommy, you're the biggest thing I've ever loved!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! She looks quite comfortable so running should be right around the corner. I also nearly spit out my coffee reading the boys' quotes. In similar fashion, Elliott asked me the other day (in reference to my stomach): "Mom, what is that?"

Anonymous said...

OMG! She is SO adorable! Yay for the walking - I agree with Jill - it looks like it will only be a matter of time before she is running!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! She is just so beautiful. You're boys are so funny. Tell me you didn't get teary-eyed!