Monday, November 30, 2009

Success!

Christmas shopping with my girls was a smashing success! I can't decide if Baby Girl was so well-behaved because she felt like a big shot shopping with the ladies or if it was the fact that she had an over-abundance of undivided attention - which made me feel like a less-than-perfect mommy. Either way, she was soooo much fun!

The best, by far, was lunch. Unlike our old-time shopping trips, lunch was consumed in the food court. I promised her nuggets because I was certain there was a fast-food place there. But no. So I offered pizza or pasta. She gladly chose the pasta...and ate nearly the entire plate with a fork - all by herself!! It was maybe the cutest stinkin' thing EVER! I just soaked it all in, that moment when my little girl morphed into a big girl in front of my very eyes. It's hard to explain just how grown-up she looked. But I know that I will never forget it.

And, of course, I still have mucho gifts to buy because I don't even know what to look for!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for a really great day! Maren is surprising me left and right with how much of a big girl she is lately - I'm just not ready!

Burgh Baby said...

I'm usually done shopping by now. I don't like that I don't even have a list yet this year. Gah!