You see, no one who I know actually looks their age. My husband, who is 8 years older than me, looks to be around my age (and acts like he's 12 most of the time). His sisters all look years younger than they actually are. All 4 of them!
My mom has always been mistaken for my sister. People used to come to our house (when my dad ran a business out of the garage) and ask her if her dad was home. All.the.time. Her sister? Same thing. My dad's sister? I dare someone to actually guess her age accurately.
But it all started at the top. My Grandma E is amazing. She acts like she's 30 years younger than she really is (until recently, she would mow her lawn...with a push mower). She says she feels 20 years younger than she really is (she's up before the crack of dawn). But a few months ago, for the first time in my adult life, I realized she's not invincible. She had a minor (and by minor I mean really minor) operation but when you're a great-grandma to 4, no surgery is minor. It was a wake-up call to all of us that she's not 30 years younger. She's 89. As of today. And when I'm a great-grandma? I want to be just like her!!
Happy Birthday, Grandma!!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday to her! She looks so happy.
Happy Birthday to your Grandmother! She looks terrific!
Post a Comment