I am very glad that I did not commit to doing NaBloPoMo (or whatever the hell it's called). I wanted to give it a go, knowing full well that something would come up and cause me to miss a day or two. Sure enough, after a couple of sleepless nights brought on by lord-only-knows-what and one computer glitch (that, of course, would only occur during the 2.7 minutes of "free" time that I have every day) I missed a couple of days of posting. But I'm going to press on, mainly because I didn't actually "commit" so technically I haven't really fallen short of any goals. My personal goal was to try to do the best I could this year in hopes of things getting easier every year (why are you laughing?).
You may remember my anxiety last year around this time of having to cook a Thanksgiving dinner all by myself because no one else in my husband's family was going to be available to make sure his mom had company (and food) during the holiday. I was nervous about the cooking thing, especially since I was pregnant and sick. But mostly I was just pissed that - once again - the responsibility of caring for her had fallen to me when others were supposed to be handling it. I did it, but it was grudgingly. And I had help in the form of my SIL's husband who actually cooked the turkey for me.
Turns out, I should have done it myself. Because this year, I'm having Thanksgiving dinner at OUR house for my family. My family being the six of us, my parents, my brothers, my sister, my grandfather, and (probably) my brother's new girlfriend. {SIGH} Surprisingly, I'm not freaking out (even though I only having seating at our table for 6. AT MOST). Probably because my mommy is coming over to help. And if I screw it up? We'll call it a "learning experience" and maybe I'll get out of ever having to do it again...
No comments:
Post a Comment