Friday, November 20, 2009

Big Bully

Youngest Boy was invited to a birthday party for a friend of his at school, Nathan*. Unfortunately, the party had to be canceled because of an illness in the family. YB was bummed, but we're going to try to make up for it. The party was supposed to be at Chuck E. Cheese's so I'm trying to figure out how and when to take them there as a special treat. (As a side note, isn't 5 too young to have a party there? Whatever.)

But yesterday, Youngest Boy came home from school and said, "Mommy, I don't like Nathan very much." I asked, "Why not?" "He takes my food." HUH?!?!

I said, "Well, honey, maybe he's just hungry."

"No. He has his own food. But he takes mine."

"Did you tell your teacher?"

"Yes. I guess maybe I just like him a little bit. But not very much."

I thought he was too young for me to have to worry about this stuff...

Nathan is that kid. The one that is constantly wreaking havoc in the classroom. The one who is always in trouble. He gets a "yellow thumb" more often than "green" and has even had a "red" more than once. He is clearly spoiled so I know it's not his fault. But if he's picking on my boy, he has become my problem. {SIGH} This time I'm glad he'll be at a new school next year.

*Name changed to protect the offender

2 comments:

Rocket Ma'am said...

Ugh. My Patrick has a habit of picking as his friends the biggest bullies. I think he latches on to highly assertive brats because they give him some kind of validation and make him feel needed. I'm worried I have a toadie in the making.

Anonymous said...

Bless his heart for still liking Nathan a little bit and for not hating him. I am so not looking forward to the day Cooper comes home and tell sme something similar - he wants so badly to be friends with everyone, regardless of how they treat him.