Sleep. Oh, how I miss it! Truthfully, I could probably count the number of times that I've slept through the night on one hand since Oldest Boy was born. He'll be 7(!) in February! Most recently, I'm averaging about 5-6 hours of sleep a night, but that's NOT consecutive. Little One is maybe cutting a tooth and she
definitely has a cold so I'm hoping the party that occurs in her crib every night at about 1AM for the last week + is going to go away
eventually but right now, I can't function. I don't want to drink
too much coffee (really, is there such a thing?) because when the opportunity for a nap arises, I want to be able to take advantage. Oh, wait. I HAVE 4 SMALL KIDS. The opportunity is
never going to arise. For Christmas this year, I'd like a Starbucks, please. Not a cup, a franchise.
Bottom line: I'm feeling completely overwhelmed. I'm clinging desperately to my "glass half full" spirit, but it's dwindling fast. I'm focusing on the positive because I do NOT want to be the Grinch but I am certainly developing some Grinch-y attributes. Maybe chocolate will help...

**
As an aside, couldn't you just nom on those fat rolls all day? She's our chunky monkey. At 6 months old, she weighs three full pounds more than her sister did at the same age: 18 pounds, 7 ounces!! And yes, my children look like they live in an orphanage. Mr. MOTH read a report about crib bumpers and SIDS and none of our youngest three have been allowed to use one...
3 comments:
ugh. no sleep is the WORST. i hope she cuts that tooth soon and you feel better!
i was a bumper snob with renee too but cam has one...otherwise he hits his head on the bars every seven seconds. i did wait until he was like seven months old though!
I never used a bumper with Alex, although I did roll some receiving blankets and put them where he hit his head the most.
Hope you get some rest soon! Your LO is a mere 9oz lighter than my 9mo :-)
I have not slept through the night in 5 years . . . if I wasn't up with a child, I was up to pee because I was pregnant. I SO know how you feel (and you have 2 years on me!) I told hubby the other day that I feel like I am on the verge of having a major meltdown from sheer exhaustion - like the sleep deprivation of the last 5 years is about to kill me. I hope to sleep when I am old, but I suspect it is more likely I will sleep when I am dead.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the rolls! Little One is about 1/2 pound lighter than Briar - who is a pound heavier than Cooper was at that age (which is impressive simply because he weighed a pound-and-a-half more than her at birth.)
Post a Comment