Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sherlock Holmes He Ain't

I suppose everyone has a "type". Some type of person to whom they are habitually attracted. In high school, my best friend seemed to be attracted to the overtly manly type. You know, super jock but not exactly super smart. And sure enough, that's the type of guy she married. He's got biceps that are clearly larger than his brain. (she no longer even falls into my "acquaintance" category). One of my closest friends always went for guys with big hearts, true animal-lovers (and by that I mean "lover of animals", so get your minds out of the gutter, mmkay?). She married one.

As for me, I had a list as long as my arm of things I was looking for in Mr. Right. To say that I was "picky" would be a gross understatement. He had to be good-looking, funny, manly, big-hearted, independent. But my biggest requirement? He had to be smarter than me. I cannot abide stupid people. And I don't mean uneducated people. I mean stupid. (I have an uncle who is not a high school graduate yet he's easily one of the smartest people I know).

Enter Mr. MOTH. Cute? check Funny? check Manly? you betcha Big-hearted? the guy won't kill the mice in our house Intelligent? My husband is smart. Really, really smart. He's an R&D chemist with several patents under his belt. He knows more world and American history than would be considered "normal" by most.

And yet? He cannot figure out that in order to find something in the pantry OR the refrigerator you must occasionally move other things out of the way! {SIGH} I guess no one's perfect :)

No comments: