We had PT for Baby Girl this morning. She's walking close to 75% of the time (and nearly 100% of the time if I put her in a dress because she can't crawl in it. "I stuck!" she says. I have a few tricks of my own...) and she has met all of her original goals. So when do we stop? Miss Cheryl (Baby Girl's therapist) is on vacation next week and when she returns she's going to bring out a chart so we can plot our girl's progress against what's considered "normal" for her age group. I have no idea when a baby is supposed to be able to run. The boys stood up, took a few steps, and then ran and never stopped. If only I would have know about this back then...
As long as we're comfortable, she can stop any time. My only concern is that we'll stop too soon and have to start the whole bloody early intervention process again. Red tape, you know. It took more than 6 weeks before she had her first PT session because of all of the "interviews" and "evaluations" we had to go through. It's not costing us money every week (although I know we pay for it with tax dollars), so in the long run it was worth it. If we ever even think we might have to do this again, I'm calling immediately because now I know how it works. If we had truly had a special needs child, I would have pulled my hair out long before we ever got started.
No comments:
Post a Comment