Youngest Boy has been having some tummy woes lately. I'll spare you the gory details, but we're going to have him seen by a gastroenterologist in a couple of weeks just to have things checked out. We eliminated dairy for a few days, with no results and our pediatrician is stumped. He doesn't have a lot of problems, but it has been going on long enough that we're concerned (not to mention tired of having to wash undies at an alarming rate). One of the thoughts our pediatrician had was that he may be at the early onset of Celiac disease. I have my doubts, but because I'm nuts I decided to research it on the 'net. Some of the symptoms include:
*Recurring gas with abdominal pain
*Tooth discoloration
*Unexplained rash
*Foul-smelling stool
Wait. What the? So seriously? There are people out there whose shit doesn't stink?!?!
2 comments:
celiac's is pretty rare...
How old is he?
It could be 'toddler tummy'- which is in laymans terms no real reason poopies.lol
ACK!
Last year we were told that our 4 year-old was sensitive to dairy and gluten. Gluten removal is SO HARD for little kids. It takes 6 months after complete elimination before you see results. After a few months, I gave up and decided we'd just work on the 'symptoms' as they came along.
I hope it works out that he does not have celiac syndrome.
Post a Comment