Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cramming It All In!

T minus 21 hours and counting. Oldest Boy's first summer vacation is coming to a close and I have decided to cram as much as humanly possible into the last week.
We've gone in the sprinkler (one of us for the first time...):

Went to visit my Aunt Elaine, down on the farm:

This time when Baby Girl said, "Wook! COW! MOOOO!" she was right!

Thank you, Aunt Elaine, for using your finger as a nipple to entice the soon-to-be weaned calves!

Flew kites (also on the farm, am I a multi-tasker or what?):
Visited Grandma:
Also, got check-ups and hair-cuts and last minute school supplies. I'm exhausted, but it has totally kept my mind off of the fact that he'll be under someone else's care for 6+ hours every day of the week. This has worked for me, but not so much for Youngest Boy. When I told him that Mr. MOTH and I were going to be spending the first day of school (a 2-hour Orientation) with Oldest Boy, and that my aunt was coming to watch him and his sister, he said, "But I need my brother to help me watch Aunt Jo! Who will help me watch Aunt Jo?! I need my brother!" Poor little guy. I think I didn't expect it to effect him as much as it is. I'm hoping that once he realizes that he'll get my undivided attention during Baby Girl's naptime it will make up for it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG . . . the ruffles are too much! What a wonderful way to spend the last week of summer. And I hope Youngest Boy does alright - I bet you are right about the undivided attention during nap time!

Tiffi33 said...

Awww! THAT is awesome!!
We are hopefully going to do some sort of before school starts celebration..what I don't know..

and just wait till you have some time w/ just ONE kid..you will be astounded at how easy it is and how much you can get done!!

Anonymous said...

What a busy time! But it looks like you had a lot of fun.