Saturday, August 23, 2008

Orientation (NOT the First Day of School)

Yesterday was the semi-big day. We all handled it well, I think. Of course, we got to sit in the cafeteria and have coffee and donuts with the other parents while Oldest Boy was a few doors down, so we never really left him alone. He seemed more nervous than excited, but he did get up at the butt-crack of dawn (before, really), got dressed, made his bed and brushed his teeth all without my telling him. He was very proud of that! Hopefully, we'll keep that up as the school year progresses. He's never been one I've had to drag out of bed. Usually, he's the one dragging me out of bed. He has this fantastic trick of sliding his hand under my pillow which feels like something's crawling there. Yeah. Exactly. I usually get up after that. {shiver}
A few photos:

Yes, that's me, holding on for dear life.

All smiles before we walked in... And then the nerves hit...but Daddy was there to make it OK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be an absolute mess. I have one year left. I hope the year drags very sloooooowly.