Friday, August 8, 2008

Finally! Friday!

This has been an exceptionally long week. I think Oldest Boy is more than a little bit nervous about going back to school, especially since he knows it will be at a different school than where he attended Preschool. Youngest Boy isn't getting the same amount of attention as the other two, and that's affecting his behavior. And Baby Girl is still a baby (don't even try to tell me different).

Yet, I still took them all grocery shopping. I think I must be a glutton for punishment. Although, every time we go, at least 2 or 3 people comment on how well-behaved my kids are. When we are in the produce department, they have this goofy thing they do. They pick up an avocado and say, "Mommy, is this a pickle?" *peals of laughter* *giggle* And, repeat. They do this until I'm done picking out my tomatoes and then we go back to being (fairly) well-behaved boys. In my mind, even this is not particularly bad behavior. Now, if they were beaning each other in the head with the fruit (or is an avocado a vegetable?) then I would say they were being naughty.

But yesterday, some woman decided to lecture me on proper parenting. About how, if she were me (she could only hope to be so lucky) she would take away any special treat I may have been planning to buy and how it would only take one time and then they wouldn't misbehave anymore, and on and on and on. If she would have just shut-up and let me walk away from the tomatoes, they would have also stopped. But nooooo. I had to just walk away, rather rudely, but I was only thinking of the produce. Because, really, who does she think she is? {SIGH}

And now, for the quotes of the week:

I decided that we would let the boys have one more late night before back to school, so I was putting Baby Girl to bed and Mr. MOTH was keeping the boys "quiet" downstairs. For several weeks we've been looking for a small part to one of Oldest Boy's toys to no avail. They started spinning tall tales about how it might have disappeared:

Youngest Boy: "Maybe a little tiny chicken came in and picked up the piece and took it away."
Mr. MOTH: "Don't you think we would have seen the chicken?"
Youngest Boy: "What chicken?"

Mr. MOTH: "Maybe a quirrel came down out of the tree in the picture and took the piece because he thought it was a nut and then he buried it."
Oldest Boy: "Are you kidding?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet she forgot to mention that she has custody of her grandchildren because her daughter ran off with her pimp and her son is in prison. I honestly wonder what some people are thinking when they open their mouths . . . I suppose it is that they aren't thinking.

Tiffi33 said...

gawd...you gotta love unsolicited child rearing advice...

I am with fishsticks....I am sure she has no room to be throwing stones..
I have also found that people who criticize in that way are insecure about their own situation..jerks..lol..

Becoming Mommy said...

Actually, I didn't see anythign naughty in what they did at all. Just kids being silly and joking around.
Probably doesn't have kids because she didn't actually like them. And so everything they do is "Bad" because she, personally, finds it annoying that they breathe.