I had an OB appointment yesterday and was told that I was a whopping 2 cm. That's "up" from last week's 1 cm, but at this rate I should deliver sometime in June...
Seriously, I mentioned to the doc (actually, the nurse practitioner is who I saw on this visit) that I was planning to mow the lawn on the John Deere to get this party started. She thinks I'm nuts but told me to make sure and let her know if it works so she can tell her other patients. What a hoot! (And my aunt was completely appalled that I even said this let alone that I'm actually going to do it. She must not fully understand my complete desperation to meet this young 'un who is currently beating the sh*t out of my bladder, ribs, crotch, and any other part it can reach. I'm thinking I won't tell her about all of the other stuff I've tried in the past to "induce" labor - none of which actually worked, BTW.).
They have mentioned more than once that they will likely induce me (medically, that is) on May 19th. I guess I'm OK with that date, especially since there aren't a lot of "open" dates on the May calendar around these parts. Let's review, shall we?
May 2nd - my Uncle Mark's birthday (happy bloggy birthday - since I'm sure I'll forget the date tomorrow)
May 5th - Cinco de Mayo - while not really a big celebration in our Swedish/Italian/Irish/Slovakian/German/American family it still wouldn't be my first choice for a birthday.
May 8th - Mr. MOTH's birthday.
May 10th - Mother's Day. While this is a rotating holiday, I'd rather not spend it this year in labor. Also, Mr. MOTH was born on Mother's Day.
May 15th - my Dad's birthday
May 17th - Aunt Jo's birthday
May 19th - my aunt's original anniversary to her second husband (who she divorced and then remarried on 6/6/06. please don't ask for more details...it will only confuse me more, although I am CERTAIN that this is a marriage that is meant to be.)
May 20th - my actual due date - based on U/S - also my Aunt Ruth's birthday
May 23rd - my cousin Ben's birthday
May 31st - my Grandfather's birthday
There you have it! I occasionally consider not going through with the induction simply because I like a good surprise. However, with three small children who will need cared for in my absence, I have to be practical about it (dagnabbit). I'm also not willing to make a prediction as to when this sweet baby will be born. I've been wrong too many times in the past and I really hate being wrong. Really. Maybe I'll try to figure out how to "poll the audience" with a widget of some kind, but remember I am completely technologically challenged, so don't hold your breath! Better yet, you could make an educated guess in the comments section and save me the headache!
3 comments:
Mowing the lawn didn't work for me that I know of. Not that that would stop me from trying:o)
Let's see - my SIL told me to eat sauerkraut (nope). My aunt told me to drive fast over bad railroad tracks (nope). I was told to eat a whole fresh pineapple (nope). I didn't try sex thouh, cause my husband was afraid of hurting the baby.
He ended up coming 8 days late all on his own - the day before I was to be induced! Two days before, when the OB checked me, I wasn't even dialated at all, so at least you're (somewhat) progressing!
Sorry to hear your bladder is taking a beating. If it makes you feel better, I now know EXACTLY where my cervix is located. Wanna know how? Child #3 and Child #4 thought it was funny to head-butt me there during my pregnancies. Yeah...it IS as much fun as you think it is.
Post a Comment