Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Baby" Girl No More

Something very strange but pleasant has occurred over the last few weeks. And I am in Seventh Heaven. My daughter has gone from being Baby Girl to being something of a Little Lady. I can't quite explain how this makes me feel. The boys like to be boys - and they have each other, thank God, because right now I can't be the rough and tumble Mommy that I usually am. But my daughter? She's a sweetheart. She doesn't like to wrestle. Or tumble. Or be rough. (although she does like to get very dirty. Ahem.) And all of a sudden she wants to be like me. We cook together. We garden together. She (usually) likes it when I fuss over her hair. She likes to pick out her own shoes. She still doesn't want to wear clothes, though, and NO! She does NOT get that from me!!

It's almost like I have a new...friend. We chit chat while we do our thing and I am absolutely having the time of my life. It's not that the boys and I don't do things together. Or that I'm not absolutely head over heels in love with them, too. It's just...different. It's that mother-daughter bond that I've just never experienced before, at least from the mother-end of things. And I hope it never ends.

But, brother, I don't wanna go down the slide. Please!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! How wonderful! Maren has moments where she is my little shadow, and she certainly likes to cuddle, but she is just as rough and tumble as Cooper!