Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. I'm still unsure of the "right" decision, but here's our plan for now (Do you hear God laughing?):

We will not induce on Friday unless it becomes medically necessary. This, of course, would be my worst nightmare because it would mean something was wrong. Because I'm trying to have faith, I'm going to go with Friday NOT being birthday for this baby.

We may or may not induce on the 19th. I suck at making decisions. Mr. MOTH and I would both like to see this little one make the decision on its own but I'm starting to have my doubts that it's going to happen that way. I still hate choosing the birthday, but I'm thinking of it more like an ultimatum. As in, s/he can come any time before then, but if not then we're going in after him/her. Maybe on the 19th. Maybe not until the 26th.

For those of you who asked: Oldest Boy was born two and a half weeks early of his own volition after 31 hours of labor and weighed 8# 4oz (yes, you read that right, 31 hours). Youngest Boy was induced at 39 weeks exactly and was born after 12 hours of labor weighing 8# 7oz. Baby Girl was also induced two days early and was born after 5 hours of labor weighing 8# 7oz. Yes, we have big babies. Yes, my labors seem to get shorter each time (but who can tell? They just crank up the Pitocin until you're ready. Also, with Baby Girl my water broke on its own which means she was R-E-A-D-Y. Plus, she had the cord around her neck so they really forced the issue.).

My mom is worried that I'll have a two hour labor and deliver at home or on the Interstate. She's also worried the baby will weigh 10 pounds + and I'll end up with a c-section (my least favorite choice right now).

I'm worried I'll make some wrong decision and something very, very bad will happen. Because what does everyone ultimately say? Well, it's up to you... Gee, thanks. And because I need a reminder of why I put myself through this - for a fourth time:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just now catching up. I'm SO GLAD she came on her own. Because if not... you'd still be pregnant, waiting for induction.