Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scrubbing Bubbles?

Maybe some of you have seen advertisements for this product:

Basically, you hang the product in your shower, push a button and it cleans your shower for you. Great concept! Last night, Youngest Boy became my very own ANTI-automatic cleaner.
He has been fully and completely potty-trained for well over a year now. No accidents - even at night (disclaimer: when he's sick it doesn't count). However, he does occasionally wake up to "go" and forget where he is, especially if it's shortly after falling asleep. Last night I heard their bathroom door open and saw the light go on. Then there were sounds of frustration as he tried to open the vanity doors. I realized pretty quickly what was going on, but there was no hope. I'm slow as molasses right now and I knew I would never make it in time. I yelled for Mr. MOTH's help and by the time I fully opened the door Youngest Boy was standing in the middle of the floor turning around and spraying his anti-cleaner everywhere.
We got him cleaned up and back in bed and then I proceeded to scrub the floor and cabinet on my hands and knees (special note: it's an Old Wives' Tale that this is supposed to "induce" labor so maybe it was meant to be). Sweet.
In other fantabulous news, Baby Girl has been diagnosed with "probable" Fifth Disease (also called Slap-cheek syndrome). No big deal, really. It's "just a virus" when you're a child and will go away on its own. Treatment simply involves comfort measures. Of course, I still Googled it and what's the very first thing I see? Except in pregnant women. The biggest "complication" is fetal death. Yeah, I freaked the hell out. Once I researched some more and talked to my OB's office it was determined that it was unlikely for me to actually get it (most people have had it by the time they're adults), if I did get it it's unlikely to pass to the baby, and if it does pass to the baby it's unlikely to cause any problems because I'm at a late stage of pregnancy. Apparently, it's only a problem if you get it during 1st or 2nd trimester. Apparently. I'm still not exactly happy about the whole thing, but I've climbed down off of the ledge...

No comments: