My God, I feel like I spent the night drinkin’! (I didn’t, which doesn’t seem fair. I could have used a beer or two last night)! What a game! It’s a lot more fun to watch when your team is up by 40 points or so at halftime, but if you didn’t care which team won, it was a great game to watch!
If you are a Steelers fan, however, it was a nail-biting, knuckle-cracking, Terrible Towel wringing kind of game. I watched the entire fourth quarter with my head buried in our Terrible Towel. Seriously. I had to watch every play as a replay because I couldn’t stand to watch it the first time around. When Big Ben scored that first touchdown (and screw you, Mr. Referee, that was a touchdown), I took a shot to the eye with the Terrible Towel (known in our house as the “bad” towel) while Oldest Boy was swinging it with all of his might. The kids enjoyed the game until halftime when Mr. MOTH and I sprinted up the stairs, brushed their teeth at lightning speed, and literally tossed them into bed (they call it “flying” in. Whatever.).
And then the stress began. Couldn’t they just make it EASY?!?! Nope. But I have to admit, it’s more fun this way. No matter what those durn Cardinal’s players say, the game was not “theirs to lose”. Did they forget that they were only ahead for like two minutes TOTAL?!?! The Steelers played an awesome football game and they deserve the title of Champion. Six-burgh has a sweeeeet ring to it (pun intended)!
1 comment:
Yeah baby!
I am so with ya!
my throat is STILL not right..my voice sounds like I am a 13 YO boy..lmao..
Sixburgh is awesome..
and I had to leave the room when the Cards got that last TD...so did my 9 year old (I can't watch it mom..I am too nervous!!)
I had to agree...
Post a Comment