Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Top Tens

I feel more than a little bit guilty that I haven't been posting about this pregnancy more often. Part of me kept saying, "Just let me get through the holidays..." and then, "Just let me get through the birthdays..." and now, well, I don't have any more excuses. Right now, the best I'm able to come up with are a couple of top ten lists. Here we go...

Top Ten Things I Hate About Being Pregnant:
10. Being tired all of the time
9. Guilt that we get to have another baby and some don't.
8. Sciatica - 'nuf said
7. Constant anxiety and worrying - Will this baby be OK? Am I getting enough vitamins/protein/exercise? Will we ever decide on a name(s)?
6. Having complete strangers (and most of our relatives) tell me that I'm going to have my hands full. No sh*t.
5. Going to the doctor's office and having to pee in a cup when I can't see what I'm doing. Use your imagination to get the results...
4. Feeling more unattractive than I've ever felt in my entire life...and that includes the awkward teen years.
3. Having less patience than normal (and this is saying something since I'm not normally the most patient person to begin with).
2. Varicose veins. Good lord, my leg looks like a road map of southern Florida and don't even get me started on the parts further up. Yikes!
1. Not being able to play with my kids in the way that they're used to (ya know, rough-housing, piggy back rides, running around the house like super heroes).

And, to be fair, Top Ten Things I Love About Being Pregnant:
10. I get to go to bed at 8:30PM when the kids do and no one questions it.
9. When I lose my temper I can blame it on the hormones.
8. Ditto for crying every thirty seconds.
7. I can eat chocolate at midnight without guilt.
6. If I don't get on the treadmill every day, I have a decent excuse.
5. Ice cream is one of the four food groups for pregnant women (at least in my book)
4. Gaining a pound a week is considered a "good" thing. (although I've been so sick for the last two weeks that I actually LOST 3 pounds, dagnabbit).
3. I can sit down and put my feet up and not feel guilty about it (something I never do when I'm not pregnant).
2. I can eat real mayonnaise. (Did you know you were supposed to increase your cholesterol intake when you're pregnant?!?! Why didn't someone tell me this during my last three pregnancies?!?!)
1. Two words - Bigger Boobs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to go out on a limb and say that #1 on the second list might just be Mr. MOTH's favorite thing about pregnancy as well. At least I know Mr. Fishstick isn't complaining.

And is there a camera in the bathroom at the OB's office? Because making a woman who is 7-months pregnant pee AND get it in the cup is just cruel. And probably really funny to watch.

Rocket Ma'am said...

Been busy this week, but meant to say "Woo hoo" for being double digits!
And I would add one thing that sucks is that my bellybutton pops out at 5 months. I got really tired of the "Looks like your timer says you're done!" (Though the "hands full" ones were even worse)
But my favorite part was feeling the baby move inside. Grossed out dh, though.

Anonymous said...

I say if you lost 3 pounds, it's time to eat more chocolate!!!