GO AWAY! I am absolutely sick and tired of being sick and tired. You have cursed us this year, old man, and I want you to make way for spring. NOW! Youngest Boy is the latest to succumb to your cruel and evil ways and I want it to stop! He had a belly ache all day which resulted in him puking his little guts out shortly after dinner time. I told him that explained it, he just had a bug. He said, "Did that get the bug out?" I was not prepared! Everyone else simply had a fever and chills! Can you please cut us a break?!?!
And oh, the snow has to stop. It has caused me to permanently scar Oldest Boy, potentially for life, when I missed a two-hour school delay. Mr. MOTH drove him to school only to be told by some passer-by that there had been a delay. Why? Because the temperature was in the single digits!!! The next week he was at school a little bit earlier than normal and his teacher had gotten the bug and wasn't there at all. He walked in his classroom and ran screaming back to the door, tears flowing, trying to get to his daddy. The substitute caught him and calmed him down, gave Mr. MOTH the thumbs up and I didn't get a call. On the way home he told me he thought there was another two-hour delay...And Bad Mommy of the Year goes to....yours truly. However, I blame you, Old Man Winter. Damn you!
I'm off to research plane fares to Florida...
1 comment:
I won't tell you that we've been so lucky the past few days... temps in the 70's. I won't tell you that getting the kids out and into the yard has saved that tiny shred of sanity I had left.
What is up with 2 hour delay for low temps? I thought those were reserved for 30" of snow!
Post a Comment