Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Communication Problem: Part II

Seriously. This school thing is getting out of control. I mentioned in passing that I missed a two-hour school delay causing my Oldest Boy undue amounts of angst. Then. Then yesterday there was another two-hour delay. I knew about it. I now check the internet site before waking him up. I also have two, count 'em TWO, back-up means...namely my Grandma and my mother, who call and wake up Mr. MOTH (because I'm usually in the shower - I LOVE this part) when there's a delay and/or cancellation. On a normal school day (what's that?), Mr. MOTH drops Oldest Boy off at school on his way into work. When there is a delay, I then have to get the younger kids fed and dressed in proper winter attire and make the trek to the school, 25 miles away, which is a 1 hour round-trip! Since it's not EVERY day - it just seems like it - it's not a big deal.

Yesterday we all loaded up the space shuttle and headed off to school. I was playing chicken with the gas tank just so we could get there on time. We pull down the road and there's no one else there. I mean NO ONE. I'm sitting at the stop sign and I call Mr. MOTH at work and make him check all of the usual sources. Not one mentions a school cancellation. I pull up to the front door and there is my "announcement"...an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of yellow paper - hand-written - saying "School's Cancelled". WTF?!?! I mean really, in this age of multi-media forms of communication that's the BEST they could do?!?! There better be some form of explanation in my folder this afternoon or LOOK OUT at the next PTG meeting! The Mommy is NOT happy. Although Oldest Boy said, "It's like we just went for a little ride!" At least someone sees the humor in it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super duper double WTF?!? That school would be getting an earful from me. An HOUR on the road with little kids for nothing? Not right.