Monday, April 4, 2011

Milestones and Quotes

The Tooth Fairy visited our house twice last week - for Youngest Boy's first and second tooth. I may have helped the first one out a wee bit but his brother full-out knocked his second tooth out during a wrestling match.

When Oldest Boy lost his first tooth, the Tooth Fairy left him $3 sprinkled with fairy dust and (using the same 3 bills) has given him fairy dust again and again. Well, the Tooth Fairy is getting a touch senile, I guess because she forgot to do this for Youngest Boy's first tooth.

Oldest Boy: MY money had fairy dust on it!

Youngest Boy: Oh, Yeah! Well MY money has George Washington on it!!
(Touche)
The Tooth Fairy came through for tooth #2.
************
A few nights ago, Youngest Boy staggered to our bed in the middle of the night and asked me to rub his leg (this happens frequently), so I staggered back to their room and obliged. As I'm kneeling on the floor in between their beds, Oldest Boy - while in a dead sleep - starts laughing his little butt off! Youngest Boy and I, both being pretty groggy, just sort of looked and then went about our business. The next morning:

Me: "Honey, last night while I was in your room and you were sleeping you started laughing really, really hard! Do you remember what you were dreaming about?"

Oldest Boy: "Wasn'tthecircus. NOPE. Definitely NOT the circus! I don't know why you would even ask if it was the circus!"

Me: "..."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! And I'm not laughing about the circus either.

marybob143@aol.com said...

Love it!!! My family is the source of endless comic relief...