Today I turn 39 years old. For me, age is relative. I've never really been hung up on a number. I know people who are in their 20's and don't really live life to the fullest and I know people who are elderly and can run those 20-somethings into the ground. It's irrelevant what the calendar says, what matters is what your life says.
I recently read an article regarding your legacy - what you'll leave behind when you're gone. Now, I have no intention of "going" anywhere anytime soon, but I like the idea of putting down on paper what I've learned about life in general so far. My intention during this, my fortieth year on earth, is to cover one topic a month. I'll mainly work on it on the 23rd of every month (because that's when my birthday is).
I have created a mission statement ------> See it over there? This is and will continue to be how I live my life every day. Do I always succeed? Um, no. But the important part is the trying. And out of that mission statment, the key ingredient is to do everything in love.
There is love of many things, though. Love of family. Love of country. Love of spouse. Love of God. And it goes on. So, my lovely blog readers, this is where I reach out to you. Tell me, what is the one lesson on love that you would want to pass on to your children? I'm not planning to write my lessons here - for the whole world to see - but rest assured I'll make sure that the topic of the month is discussed. And this month is love.
5 comments:
Happy (belated) birthday!
Very good idea. I like it.
As far as the subject of love... I would like to pass on that your love for someone else can be used to raise you to your full potential or take you to the depth of your own personal demise. It's your love for yourself that will determine which direction you choose to go.
Oh, and Happy 29th Birthday. (And that is not a typo.)
In defining love I think Heinlein said it best when he described it as "that peculiar condition where the happiness of another person is essential to your own." And that would be long-term happiness, since we sometimes must inflict tough measures on those we love for their future happiness.
Happy Birthday!
couldn't find your email so I thought I would leave a comment... I just want to say I just "love you!" and appreciate all you say on BF!! ... thanks for all your "help" over there... I have been about to pull my hair out!
Love comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
~Timothy 1:5
Hope you had a wonderful birthday.
www.rebeccabany.com
Post a Comment