Friday, January 7, 2011

One Word

I don't often talk about my marriage for a couple of reasons: 1) There's not usually much to talk about, we're really pretty set-in-our ways and typically happy and 2) Mr. MOTH is a ultra-private kinda guy and I've had to respect that with my blog even though I'm a tell-all kinda girl. (If you meet/know me in real life, feel free to ask anything. I always answer. And it's VERY hard to offend me.)

I spent a lot of last year making sure that I was working on our relationship. It was mostly a preventative measure. A lot of couples with a lot of kids have a lot of troubles. We are in a place right now where our troubles only crop up when we're tired/stressed/hungry/spending too much time together (read: vacations), but I wanted to have the tools in place to deal with the crazies when they came.

I'll just give you one piece of advice (my "lesson" for yesterday): One word can make all of the difference. Yesterday, that one word for me to hear was, "Yes." And that's all you're gonna get. ;)

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Yes is a good word.
And vacay with husbands, I'm certain is the road to divorce.