
Since I've started this new crazy routine of getting up "early" to run, Little One has decided to one-up me. My plan was to run Tuesday and Thursday mornings this week. Tuesday went off without a hitch (thanks to Mr. MOTH who wisely entertained the wee one when she woke up 10 minutes after I went to the basement). Wednesday - theoretically a day to sleep in (until 6:15AM) she woke at 4:30. I tried all of my wily tricks and...nothing. She - and therefor
I- was up to stay. Thursday I optimistically set my alarm again and found out I don't need it. She was up
again at 4:30 (that's an entire
hour before run o'clock).
Now, I don't know about other moms, but The Mommy will give a cranky baby just about whatever she asks for while I'm trying to accomplish something (read: exercise AND shower). Today, she requested my curling iron. Later in the morning, I bought a new one.
Lesson of the day: For me - never test the QC on a cheapo electronic beauty product by using a 19-month-old Princess of Destruction.
For her - never make The Mommy try to figure out how to style her hair without her regular tools; paybacks are, well, take a look:
Sure, she makes it look cute, but I'm showing this to her first boyfriend.
1 comment:
When did she get all that hair?! It is coming in fast! I SO know what you mean about giving just about anything to get a workout and a shower in - Miss B. is also a HUGE fan of the curling iron (as well as tampons, which I had to put out of reach because those get a bit expensive to use as 'toys'!) Keep up the great work, Momma!
Post a Comment