Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When the Poopin' Gets Tough...

Youngest Boy got to go to the doctor this morning for his appointment with the gastroenterologist (from now on, Dr. Maria). Mostly, she doesn't seem too concerned but, as expected, there will be some testing. I came home with a "hat" for the potty, several vials to fill, a prescription for the lab work and several pairs of non-latex gloves. {SIGH} This is the fun part about having kids...

I have been through this stool sampling process before with Oldest Boy (a nightmare that had nothing to do with the sampling process and everything to do with the %$#@ technician who was rude and completely incompetent and managed to have him BEND HIS ARM ON THE NEEDLE DURING THE BLOODDRAW AND BLAMED ME FOR IT!!!). Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to it. It's not exactly that I have a complete aversion to poo, but this is going to take more than one attempt. I mean, the boy has the squirts. I have to be fast. And patient. And sneaky. The kid is a stealth pooper. Half of the time, I don't even know he's in there unless, by some miracle, I hear the door close. Or he feels like announcing it in his little voice, "I have to go POOP!" This is a challenge, but I'm equally as sneaky.

When Oldest Boy was going through his testing, I took some pictures of him in various spots around the yard. Youngest Boy just happened to see these photos on Saturday and asked why I didn't have any of him up in the tree or in front of "the weeds". So, here you go. A comparison, if you will:

Oldest Boy in the tree at age 2 1/2.

Youngest Boy in the tree at age 3 1/2

Oldest Boy again, appropriately wearing a Poop Happens shirt.

Youngest Boy again.

And finally, my favorite photo (maybe ever) of Youngest Boy behind our enormous (6 feet tall!) oak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how similar they look! Bless his heart for being upset that there weren't identical pictures of him.

I hope the pooping goes well - in all its various facets!

Rachel said...

I had to do the stool sample thing with my cat, but never with one of my kids....Best of luck!