Sunday, September 21, 2008
Newest Additions!
No, I'm not talking about our soon-to-be finished basement. We (I) got the boys goldfish! Youngest Boy had to have some bloodwork done, courtesy of the poop issues, and it wasn't pretty. I just feel so bad when they have to go through that. It's a form of torture! Because of this, and because Oldest Boy is having some anxiety issues with school, I decided to spoil them a bit. It cost me less than $20 and we have a tank with a light and filter (only a gallon), a shark accessory, aquarium rocks, water treatment, food, and two goldfish (28 cents each). The pet lady didn't want to sell me the fish. Seriously. She told me to go home and "set up our system" first and then come back in a few days once it's "established". Give me a break. They're 28 cent goldfish!! I explained to the boys that if they go "belly-up" it just means they want to go back to the ocean and we have to flush them (thank you, Nemo). And I also promised we would replace them, possibly with a better model (Oldest Boy wants a black fantail - naturally). They are still alive and kickin', though, so we may end up with another fishbowl for the upgraded fish. It did distract everyone from their woes for awhile, I think, so my evil plan is working. BWAHAHA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment