Thursday, September 4, 2008

Absent

Oldest Boy is home from school today. He had a fever of 102 last night and, although he's not acting very ill this morning, I decided to keep him home just in case. When I picked him up yesterday I could tell he had been crying and from what I could get out of him he didn't feel well and he wanted me. Poor little guy. And he's so sweet! When I went to hug him while he was resting on the couch he said, "NO! I don't want to give you my cold!" I held him anyway.

I know all of the pros and cons of staying home vs. working (and using daycare). I don't judge one way or the other, whatever you choose. But if you're looking for another reason to consider daycare? Kids who are in daycare get sick more often. This may seem like a bad thing...until they hit school-age. I knew it was coming, but seriously. We didn't even make it past the second week! I guess we'll just work on building up the immunity of the younger two...

*Note: If you're curious about the poo situation, I missed my, uh, golden opportunity last night and now I have to wait for him to produce more. And then I have to figure out how to take 3 children to the hospital lab to have it tested. In under an hour. Or I have to store it IN MY FRIDGE. Damn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fear that we are going to be in the same boat since Cooper has started preschool! And if he doesn't pick it up at school, he will surely pick it up from the peditrician's office the next time we are there for a well-child visit.

Burgh Baby said...

Yeah, when a friend of mine quit her job because she was tired of her one-year old getting colds, I was silently thinking that she'll still get those sick days. There is just no way out of them!

I hope you are able to snatch some poo soon. Never thought I would type those words . . .