I am NOT a brand-name kind of girl. This mostly comes from growing up in a, uh, less than wealthy home. We could never afford the latest, greatest back-to-school fashions, so I developed a rather thick skin when it came to criticism of my fashion sense. I just don’t care. I buy things that are A) Cheap and B) Make me look good. Preferably, the article will contain both components but I’ve been known to buy something JUST because it’s cheap, even though it’s not all-together flattering or JUST because it makes me look good, even if I have to pay a little more. The particular brand doesn’t interest me. One exception being my wedding dress, which I would have paid a lot more for, but again, it wasn’t about brand, it was about how it made me look and feel. That being said, I have NEVER, in all my years of purse-purchasing adventures (and they are adventures – just ask my good friend Mar), spent more than $30 – tops – on a purse. Ever. And truthfully, $30 is pushing it.
And yet –
And yet, I desperately want this carrier bag by RuthMichael, Inc. Oh, my, do I want it. So, Mr. MOTH, if you’re reading and looking for hints for Christmas, consider yourself hinted. Also, any wealthy benefactors looking to toss a bone my way, follow the link. Please, have at it. I am not proud. I do accept charity. And if not, I may just suck it up and get it for myself, because that's the kind of gal I am!
3 comments:
I too have never cared much for fashion and have always gotten by with cheap and somewhat flattering, and I feel the same way about purses. However, after carrying a diaper bag for nearly 3 years, it is time for something different - and to get something nice and durable (important because it is the catch-all for everyone else's garbage as well as my own) I am finding that there is going to be a little money involved. You deserve it! (Hope Mr. MOTH is reading!)
I am a total cheap ass when it comes to clothing and mostly shop at TJMaxx (in the clearance aisles), but I do lurve a good handbag. I am in love with all things Coach, so I just wander to the outlets and find one on the clearance rack. It still ends up costing $100, but at least it's not $800. ;-)
(Psst . . . Have I ever mentioned the BurghMom site to you? I'm brain dead and can't remember right now. Email me, if you don't mind.)
I'm the same way. "Fashion" isn't exactly me. Comfort and a hint of "dear lord I hope it doesn't make me look awful" is how I shop. But that handbag... adorable. I like it in the orangy color with black and white swirls! Good pick.
Post a Comment