This is going to be a pretty random catch-all type of post.
In January (the 7th, to be exact) I signed up for a half marathon. That same day (like, 5 minutes later) I got some blood test results back that weren't exactly encouraging. Nothing to slow me down...yet. We'll see. I get retested in July.
Oldest Boy is at the tail end of basketball season. I love basketball but watching 3rd and 4th grade boys play is stressful, especially when your son is not exactly a star player. I'm proud that he sticks with it and doesn't seem to get down when he doesn't get to play when it matters (read: when they actually keep score, like in the season-end tournaments). When your coach asks you, "Do you want to play or do you want to win?" and you just go with the "win", that takes character. My boy has that. Me? I want to smack the coach upside the head and say, "Who says that to a 10-year-old?!?!" They lost the first tournament game, in which our son only played 5 minutes, max. Frankly, I think they lost because they only played their better players. Hear me out. I don't mean that the bench-warmer types would have upped the score, I mean that those star players are used to getting breaks when they follow the rules and play everyone equal time (or at least close). Those boys were tired and that made them make mistakes and miss easy shots. Serves the coaches right - they didn't follow the rules and they lost. C'est la vie.
We gave our nursery furniture away. My brother and his wife are expecting Baby #2 in April and since Baby V is only going to be 19 months old at the time they needed a second crib. Our furniture was a gift from my Mother-in-law and we debated what to do with it. Mr. MOTH is glad it will be used by family. I'm glad, too. But, man, that room just isn't the same. We've had a nursery in this house since the day we moved in - November 2002. Sigh. Sniff.
The computer room is 90% finished. We need to hang up Mr. MOTH's patents (4 and counting) and get a small console table but those are such small details, I'm not worrying about it. I have moved on to the next project.
The girls' room got a closet system. See, everything hinges on the next project, or, uh, I guess the previous project. I had to empty the changing table in the nursery so my brother could take it but I needed a place for the clothes. So Mr. MOTH, in his never-ending need to organize, went with an Easy Closet System. Those things aren't cheap but they are SOOO worth it. It was up in less than a day. Now, we need to get Little One a bed because right now she's sleeping with Baby Girl. It has actually been working pretty well and our plan is to put their beds back-to-back when we get hers. Soon.
We started planning our next Disney vacation. I can't wait. I know I said I would never go in August again, but, hey, live and learn, right? At least the weather is predictable then. It will be H-O-T. Less clothes to pack!
I got my hair cut. Short. Not you-can-see-my-ears short but well above shoulder-length. Mr. MOTH is not happy. I am. The jury is out on who I will make happy in the long run but going to Florida at the hottest time of the year does not tempt me to grow my hair out. Sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment