Thursday, February 14, 2013

What Age Do They Understand What "TMI" Means?

Little One and I pick the older 3 kids up from school every afternoon.  It's not exactly something we look forward to doing but I've been focusing on the fact that I'm thankful we have the ability to do so.  Little One usually watches part of a video in the Space Shuttle on the way there and while we're waiting.  Before the big kids get in, I turn it off and it doesn't go back on until I've heard the pertinent details of everyone's day.

They have a list of required topics that they always tell me (who they ate lunch with, who and what they played at recess, etc.) and sometimes they fight over who gets to go first.  Baby Girl is a chatter box and tells me infinitely more details about her day than the boys do (sometimes, ad nauseum). 

One day last week, we were sitting at a red light and there was a lull in the conversation.  No music, no video, and no older sibling talking seemed like the perfect time for Little One to impart some information about herself.  From the backseat I heard a little voice...

"You know, I fart sometimes..."

{SIGH}

No comments: