So, I bought new shoes. Seemed fair. We are lucky enough to live near an outlet mall, so I hit the Nike outlet (I was running in Reebok and now I'm mad at them - when in doubt, blame the shoes, right?). I texted my runner-friend who's a coach and asked for her recommendation (which I ended up not liking). And I tried on every.single.style of shoe that Nike makes. I was willing to fork over the big bucks for a pair that felt right to me. Luckily, I didn't have to but it wasn't for lack of trying! The high end shoes were truthfully just too much shoe for me, if that makes sense. I ended up with Nike Lunarfly+ 3 in a lovely shade of gray, purple and neon pink. Number one rule of buying running shoes: Do NOT get hung up on what they look like!! This shoe is similar, but not that same color.
Today is a play day (fun workout) for my training plan (from Half Marathon - Finish It by Another Mother Runner authors), so I won't be running in my new wheels until tomorrow. Wish me luck, because if this doesn't help I might have to go see a doctor.
In other news, we are on a two-hour delay which means I baked a batch of imitation Amish friendship bread (the kind you normally have to knead the dough for 10 days before you can make the bread and then you pass it on to unsuspecting friends who
1 comment:
I miss you!!! I'm so happy you are training for a half! You will love it! That's the best distance, I think. I'm sorry about the car - I read backwards :)
Car woes are NO FUN! Sounds like all is well & I'm happy to hear that! Have a blessed Easter! I can't wait to read more & "catch up" :))))
Post a Comment