Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day

Today the kids had a snow day from school.  The kicker?  We don't have any snow.  When we got up this morning, we had a dusting.  That was it.  No messages on our phones (cell or home) saying there was any type of weather-related delay or cancellation.  Mr. MOTH drives an hour south for work, so I just happened to put on the "local" news to see what the conditions down there were like, not expecting much. 

And everything was cancelled.

See ya tomorrow.

And still nothing from the school.  The TV told me before the e-mails even came in. 

I got a phone call @ 8:34 - over half an hour after I would normally leave to drop them off.

I double-checked my cell and there was a text @ 8:05.  I would've already been on the interstate.

Communcation: FAIL.

The good news is that we hadn't opened (meaning "unpackaged") all of the kids' Christmas toys.  First up were the remote control cars from Aunt Jo.  Lemme tell ya:  Best 20 batteries worth of fun, EVAH!  They're still going strong and it's been well over an hour.  The only problem is that there are 4 cars...and 2 remote frequencies.  I say "problem" but apparently it's only a problem if you know what the heck you're doing.  The kids find this whole thing absolutely hysterical!  Oldest Boy and Little One have the same frequency so that's a no-brainer - Little One doesn't really get it.  But the middle two have figured it out.  It's probably going to get interesting really soon, but right now it's hilarious. 

1 comment:

Rocket Ma'am said...

The weather people have been so off this past year. Just last night we were supposed to get some freezing rain, then temps would rise back into the mid 40s (where they've been for most of the week). Right now we are into our 3rd hour of snowfall- with what looks like another 4+ to go. We'll have 4 inches by the time it's done and now they say it won't get above freezing for 3 more days. WTH?