Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 3

Animal Kingdom. When you have several animal lovers in your clan, you learn to embrace the Animal Kingdom. Baby Girl and especially Youngest Boy are animal lovers. They can't get enough of all things furry, scaly, and slimy. The big difference this time around was the sheer coldness. Turns out, African safari animals aren't too keen on below-freezing temps and windchills. Still, it was a fun safari. The best part was when our tour guide asked us to keep our fingers crossed over a rickety "old" bridge and Youngest Boy crossed his fingers! On BOTH hands!



Youngest Boy is also my budding photographer...but we left his camera at home. Instead, I was given instructions on which animals we "needed" to photograph:

Normally, I don't let anyone's opinion of me or my kids influence my decisions. However, when we went to see Finding Nemo: The Musical and Little One freaked out I decided it was best to leave (regardless of the fact that the 6-year-old girl AND her parents in front of us kept giving us dirty looks. Screw 'em. Rude behavior trumps a fussy two-year-old in my Book of Bad Parenting - which I wrote, BTW). So we strolled around waiting for the rest of the family. Little One decided that she wanted to "climb that mountain". That would be Disney's Expedition: Everest in the background. I believe she's just as likely to climb Mt. Everest. As a matter of fact, there's no doubt in my mind that if she decides she's going to, she will.

This was the day my mom crashed. Hard. We took her to the Walgreen's clinic and then back to the room to rest. "Rest" isn't exactly easy with four crazy, loud, fun-loving kids around (believe me, I should know) so we left her alone with instructions to call/text as necessary and headed out to Hollywood Studios for the night show, Fantasmic! Truly, a not-to-be-missed highlight.
We only panicked a little bit when all of the cheerleaders started their shenanigans. But we made it through this time. All enjoyed. Little One just kept saying, "Oh, no! Not the snake! NOT the snake! Not the SNAKE!" Don't worry. It's Disney. There's always a happy ending!





No comments: