Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 1 1/2

I've been going about recording this Disney trip all wrong. I've given most of my pointers and opinions before (click the Disney tab if you are looking for my experiences and advice) so I really just need to record how this vacation happened, probably Day by Day.

We flew in on a Friday (2/10) on a very early morning flight (we left our house at 6AM!). This meant that we were ready to have a late lunch at the T-Rex restaurant in Downtown Disney when we arrived as it was too early to check into our room. This is an experience and the food is decent. Plus! Dinosaurs! Mommy!


Then a little Lego lovin' from all involved. The boys LOVE Lego and would have spent 95% of their vacation doing this:



Day 2 (or Day 1 at the parks) was Epcot where Baby Girl shocked the hell out of us. I had been talking up Test Track for weeks thinking that it was going to be the first ride of the day (it always is, we follow the same protocol unless a new attraction opens or one is down for "refurbishing") and I really, really wanted her to be brave and have a go. I shouldn't have worried. My girl had the time of her LIFE! She screamed her little head off ("in Daddy's EAR!!") and then proceeded to ride again with Grandma and the others while The Mommy sat out with Little One. She begged (and begged and begged) to do it again! And then she road Soarin'. WOOT! I have an adventure ride lover!!


While having lunch in The Land Pavillion Oldest Boy lost a tooth. That kid. He manages to make losing a tooth memorable no matter what (The tooth before that was in the car on the way to school with me tossing a tissue box to the 3rd row seat while driving down the interstate. His first one was at IKEA.).


We had planned to see the Main Street Electrical Parade on this trip and it was only showing on select nights. One of those nights was our first (second) night and I was anxious to see it. The main reason? The cheerleader convention was there again. The last time we were there at the same time it got ugly and I was nervous we would miss out. So, even though it wasn't on his schedule of events, Mr. MOTH agreed we would try with any one of us able to push the "abort" button and head back to the room. There was no need to give anyone that authority. We knew as soon as we got to the Magic Kingdom we would NOT be staying. Crowds. Cold. Hunger. We left as soon as we finished stuffing the kids with food. Don't worry, we had other opportunities...

1 comment:

All Good in Mommyhood said...

Funny, our 1st ride is always Soarin', and we fastpass test track for when we are done. :)

LOVE the Land Pavilion...maybe because it's been there forever. I even take my little guys on the Land boat ride when they are too small for Soarin and we are waiting for everyone else.

Oh, and I hear ya on the stroller! Its great for holding coats and the cooler! You'll need a backpack!