I don't know about you, but my favorite time of day is bedtime. And it's not for the obvious reason (I get to pee alone!) but because it's almost always one of the most peaceful times of the day (I say "almost" because like any family we have the typical tired, cranky meltdowns. And sometimes the kids do, too). There's nothing like putting on your favorite cozy pj's and snuggling up with your babies to read a bedtime story.
Except some kids don't.
During the Christmas season I came across a little blurb about a charity organization called The Pajama Program (go ahead, click! I can't cover everything they do!). These words cut me to the quick: "We gave a pair of pajamas to one little boy and he didn't know what they were. He had always had to sleep in his clothes." Basically, they donate a pair of new pj's and a book to children in shelters. There are local chapters in a ton of locations and I'm in luck because there's one nearby!
So.
I'm turning 40 in April (the 23rd, to be exact) and I was toying with the idea of having a party. I haven't had a birthday party for myself in...let me think...well, at least since I got married in large part because my husband is not a people-person. BUT I am. Very much so. I just don't like the idea of being selfish so I'm making the party (which will obviously be about me) into something that isn't so much about me. I'm going to have a pajama party! And everyone has to wear their pj's! And bring a pair of new jammies for the Pajama Program! I suppose people could make a donation and I could shop for the jammies and books but that's not as much fun. I'm posting this now (and sending everyone I know a link) so that y'all can start shopping clearance sales for warm pj's now. Wondering if you'll be invited? If you got a Christmas card from us, yes. If you read my blog and are related in any way, yes. Even if I don't know you in real life you can always donate a pair of pj's in honor of my birthday (let me know if you do!).
I'm still working out the details (like the actual date) and what we'll have to eat (Breakfast food? Slumber party food? Comfort food?) and I have to contact our local chapter's president to work out the details of when and where to deliver the goods (Do it in April or wait until the cold weather hits again when their needs are the greatest?). I cant' wait!!
PS - If you're my dad and you still sleep in your skivvies...buy some pajama bottoms RIGHT NOW!!
No comments:
Post a Comment