Potty training is not on the top of our agenda, even though Little One is clearly showing signs that she could be ready. We're gearing up for vacation and there ain't nobody going on this trip who wants to spend 75% of it looking for a potty. We'll be packing diapers, thankyouverymuch.
BUT. That doesn't mean we would be adverse to the idea if, say, she did it herself like her big brother, Youngest Boy. The kid woke up one day and said, "I'm going to use the potty now." And hasn't looked back. Not once. We talk about it often usually saying, "Big girls go on the potty, right, Little One?" This is followed by nodding on her part while she squats herself down in the dining room and does her business (I don't ask why there but ALL of the kiddos have done it).
After baths on Sunday night I made a feeble attempt at getting her to try to tinkle on the potty chair. Both Baby Girl and I told her, "Big girls go on the potty!" She sat for a second (mind you, she's buck naked as she just got out of the tub), then stood up - quick as a flash - closed the lid, climbed ON the potty...and peed. YAY! Or not.
Choose your wording carefully. We now say, "The pee goes IN the potty, right, Little One?" {SIGH}
No comments:
Post a Comment