I can't believe it's New Year's Eve and I haven't even posted about Christmas yet! (OK. It's 7:45AM on New Year's Eve, but still.)

I think that this was one of the best Christmases on record around these parts. Only two kids puked and my husband seems to have morphed into someone who doesn't take 4 to 5 days to adjust to being around our children 24/7 (He takes two weeks off at Christmas).
In all fairness, for a super-organized Type A guy this amount of chaos pushes the limits:

Seriously, everything went better-than-anticipated. After last year's last minute trip to Urgent Care for strep throat and then being quarantined for 24 hours after the diagnosis (ON Christmas Eve), I knew it was likely to be better this year but I always prepare for the worst (case in point: There was NO WAY I was eating L'il Smokies for Christmas Eve dinner again. I was ready.).
My kids are still spoiled but I think they're starting to understand that there's more to this Christmas stuff than "stuff". We visited my MIL at the home she's living in and that gave them a bit of perspective I hope. Don't get me wrong, they still love all of the "stuff" they got but they like having people over and going places almost as much (Except shopping. They HATE shopping. Except Baby Girl. She loves it. *grins*).

In theory, I'll be blogging a bit more in the upcoming year (you know, resolutions and all) so I'll be seeing you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment