My kids are spoiled and I know it. I don't think they're spoiled brats but they are most definitely spoiled. I'm trying a few more things this year to make them understand that not every kid has the kind of Christmas that they have but my original idea to take them to hand out toys for Christmas crazy had to be changed (other commitments PLUS I'm pretty sure this is the last year that all 4 are going to believe. Stupid internet.). We're still making a decent contribution and next year I'm hoping to participate in two events (Christmas Crazy and Pajama Program).
BUT. We bought a boatload of stuff from Toys R Us. I went out on Black Friday for ONE thing (it was the only day it was on sale and it was only in-store and it wasn't at TRU). While I was out the crowds were incredibly light so I stopped at the toy store. It looked like a hurricane had come in and taken most of the stuff off of the shelves and then re-arranged the little bit that was left. I did get a couple of good ideas on decent bargains and as soon as I got home I closed myself in the computer room and ordered a ton of stuff at a really good price and free shipping.
Feeling smug, I went shopping on Saturday with the girls (plus mom and Aunt Jo) and did most of the grown-up shopping I needed to finish up. I barely even glanced at the Cyber Monday deals from TRU because I knew I was 90% finished with the kids.
Tuesday morning rolls around and I receive an e-mail that part of my order...WAS CANCELED. Huh? I was HOT. Apparently, the item was no longer in stock. I called customer service. I understand that sometimes things aren't available but there is NO WAY it should have taken them the whole way until Tuesday to let me know. NO WAY. I chewed them out. I wanted another item with free shipping (because I was NOT spending another $49). Their customer service reps aren't ACTUALLY allowed to provide customer service so I had to be on hold multiple times...and then they placed the order for me...and frickin' charged me SHIPPING! I can't even tell you how many phone calls and morons I talked to but eventually I got put through to two separate "managers". I finally said, "I had someone promise me an order with free shipping and was charged shipping (I explained the originally cancel SCREW UP which I still think is unethical...) and I was then told the shipping would be credited. The charge showed up immediately but the credit is nowhere to be found on my credit statement. I need the original order to be canceled. I need another order with FREE shipping to show up in my inbox in the next 5 minutes. If you are not the person who can do that for me you need to connect me to someone who can or I will return the 30 plus gifts I have recently purchased from the stores and I will do it TONIGHT. Clear?"
They did as I requested. And then promised to call that evening to follow up. That was last Tuesday. I'm still waiting for the call. And I'm shopping Amazon. com from now on.
4 comments:
I have had bad service with them this year. I order something and received an email several days later saying that they had to cancel my order; no explanation. I had to go on the website to find out that they sold out of the item. Why couldn't they have just said that and given me a raincheck or something?!
Yikes! I had a girlfriend have a similar challenge with their Babies R' Us brand and she sent out a note telling everyone why she'd never shop there again and that's tough for a first time mommy. Well, I'm happy you got all the things you hoped (sans the phonecall).
I absolutely hate dealing with people in customer service because you rarely get someone who can fix the problem and getting a manager to the phone is next to impossible. I LOVE Amazon.com. I've had to deal with their customer service department only a couple of times and each time, they were accommodating!
Yuck! I hate costumer service. I love Amazon as well. They have always been great.
BTW, found you on Blog Frog through a conversation there. Great blog.
Post a Comment