Saturday, June 11, 2011

They're Not Ready For "Ghost"

We watch a lot of Disney movies around these parts. The girls have to be in the Space Shuttle for extended periods of time every day (more than an hour) and I don't think that's fair. Life's not fair, so I don't let them complain too much but I try to make it more enjoyable by allowing them to watch whatever Princess movie happens to be the flavor du jour on at least one leg of the journey to school, if not both. Baby Girl is enamored with Sleeping Beauty - when Aurora dances with Prince Philip and I catch a glimpse of my oldest girl through the rear view mirror she is clenching her hands under her chin, smiling, and sighing. The girl is a romantic. Or so I thought...

Fast forward to last night. We decided to watch the Prince of Persia - a Disney movie but not animated. There was a ton of fighting with swords and such but almost no blood (PG-13). All of the older ones were enjoying it (Little One was still walking around with a magic wand, smacking whoever was closest and shouting, "Make it blue!!") and no one seemed to be bothered by the craziness of the plot (which I had a hard time following, mainly because Little One sat behind me most of the time using her wand on my head). And then, all of a sudden, all three let out a unanimous, "EEEWWWWW!!!!" I glanced at the screen expecting another serpent or a death scene...and saw that the hero and heroine were kissing. {SIGH} The fact that Mr. MOTH just about fell off of the couch laughing leads me to believe they're going to take after him.

1 comment:

Green Girl said...

I tried to send you an email/message on the community and was unable to do so.
I wanted to thank you for your contribution to the discussion and your compassion and understanding and true acceptance of all.
Thank you so very much.
It has gotten out of control and I will not have it going.