Monday, June 6, 2011

Bunny! Bunny!

I like to spend some "alone" time once in awhile with each kid. I usually try to find some chore that I either absolutely adore (gardening) or hate (mopping) and then ask a child to help me. It makes the time go faster to have someone you love doing it with you. Last night, while the boys were playing Wii with Daddy Baby Girl and I went outside to water my flowers:


Mr. MOTH had used the hose without my knowing it and had set the sprayer to "jet". I told Baby Girl to aim it carefully at the flower bed - which she did - and squeeze. The water "jetted" into my primrose (which are competing with lily of the valley for domination of the flower bed) and out shot a baby bunny (out of the flowers, not the hose)!!


Do you see it? Here:




I tried to get the boys to come out and see it but they were "busy". (!) So I peeked around in the flower bed and couldn't see a nest so I decided I would try to gently water the flowers out in front (the annuals that I actually paid for) and I turned on the spray again...and out came the bunny's buddy:
I went back out 45 minutes later and they were still in stealth mode. This morning, they are nowhere to be seen - although I didn't go looking for them. I'm going to assume Ma Bunny put them to bed last night and they are still snoozing.

No comments: