Summer Vacation is almost upon us here in The Mommy's household and with it comes so much good: no lunches to pack, no school uniforms to lay out, no carpool line to wait in Every!Single!Day! For the most part, I fall into the "other" category - the one with moms who actual like to have their kids at home vs. the ones who feel compelled to gripe about it constantly. I'm not saying they don't grate on my nerves every now and then but that happens whether they're in school or not! I just prefer to have them home with me.
That being said, I now have a dilemma. I just signed up for my next 5K (July 9th, Fireworks Day) and I obviously need to continue training if I want to do well. That means running out-of-doors as much as possible (although the treadmill didn't do me any harm for my last race). The only time I get to do that (realistically) is on the weekend when Mr. MOTH is home with the kids. Sure, I could get up at 5:45AM and try to run during the week but I would rather not. The dilemma? Oh, yeah. Grocery shopping.
I typically do my shopping on a weekday morning and I take the girls with me. They are really good shoppers and it isn't a problem. My original Summer Plan was to go on Saturday morning with the girls and leave the boys at home with Mr. MOTH. But then I can't also run on Saturday morning. Which means I have to take all 4 kids with me to the grocery store. Every week. {SIGH}. The fact that I am even considering this as a viable option means that I am in deep. I am a runner. YIKES!
1 comment:
What are the chances you could trust the boys to stay home alone for that long? I don't know about your neighborhood or how far it is or how long it takes, but they are probably more mature than average. Is there anyone nearby who can watch them or be their emergency run-to?
Post a Comment