Because we didn't really like the "wait and see" approach that our pediatrician recommended, we took him to see a pediatric ear, nose, and throat guy. (Dr. Seuss. Seriously. Youngest Boy said, "Mommy! I can't see Dr. Seuss! He's dead!!" {sigh}). As a result of that appointment, we have surgery scheduled to get tubes in his ears. We also have a round of x-rays to determine if his adnoids need to be removed as well. Oh, and an appointment with his allergist for another round of effing pin-prick testing to see if he has developed any since his last round of testing two years ago. There's a follow-up with the ENT to double-check that the fluid that completely fills his eardrum doesn't magically disappear and then the surgery. ::whew::
Did I mention that this is surgery? Where they have to use anesthesia? And knock out my baby?!?! Yeah. I'm thrilled.
And it turns out that carrying around a 23 pound baby has re-injured my hernia that I had repaired over 10 years ago. In all honesty, I was shocked that none of my four vaginal labor and deliveries from hell caused the problem. So I will eventually need surgery as well. Lovely.
2 comments:
Dude. That stinks. One of my good friends had a 4 year old that went through that. He failed his preschool screening hearing tests...apparently because of his tonsils...and got tubes in he's ears. He's so much happier and healthier now! Hang in there!
Oh no! I am glad they are being proactive and getting things taken care of now, but ugh! Anesthesia!
And, dude? Briar is also 23 pounds, and while I don't have a hernia, my uterus is dangerously close to falling out (or at least it feels that way.) I don't even want to know how they fix that.
Post a Comment