Friday, April 9, 2010

Art Appreciation

Oldest Boy brought home this project last week from school:
The title is "My family shows love" (I know, his penmanship leaves something to be desired). Sometimes you wonder what your kids will take away from their childhood as favorite memories. Sometimes they draw it out in black and white (and blue and purple and red).

1. Yes, it looks like we're yelling at each other (and that's what Mr. MOTH guessed), but in actuality, we're eating pizza. Every Friday night I make homemade pizza with the kids. Sometimes they help. Sometimes they don't. But we eat together.

2. We're watching a movie. Star Wars, of course. Notice Darth Maul and his double light saber? The Jedi in their brown robes?

3. This one looks x-rated...but we're actually playing the Wii. Lego Star Wars, of course. They only play on the weekend and only for half an hour each, but they do it with Daddy, so it's the highlight for them. That line down the middle of the square? They have to stand behind something so they don't smack the TV with the control!

4. I knew this one right away. Magic blanket rides. I love my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture is about 50 kinds of awesome! What a great addition to his box of childhood treasures/scrapbook that will be!