Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's A Good Thing Her Self-Worth Is In Her Body Image, Because Her Personality Sucks

Jillian Michaels, this mama could kick your ass. You may think in your perverted masochistic mind that having a child somehow lowers the worth of your body. Clearly, you are not a mother. My body has created life - LIFE!! - not once, not twice, but four amazing times. And those four amazing things? Are worth every stretch mark. Every wrinkle. Every gray hair. Growing those babies was hard work. Delivering them would drive even you to tears. And I did it. Does that make me somehow worth more than someone who's NOT a mom? No. But it certainly doesn't make me worth less.


For the record, I'm certain than given 30 days (and I wouldn't need to give my program some lame-o "name" like "shred") my size 6 ass (that's right, size 6) could kick your size whatever up one side and down the other. And that's AFTER giving birth to four children in just over 6 years.


My body? Is beautiful. Not because it's perfect. I don't have 6-pack abs, but they're a lot flatter than some. I don't have super guns, but they're more defined than they were in my 20s. I work hard to be healthy and in shape but it still makes me sick to my stomach to think that someone would pass up a chance to have children because YOU said it would ruin their body. Ruin it? Hardly. Because it makes you so, so much stronger. Moms can do things that other people wouldn't even attempt.

You go ahead and adopt (for the record, I think adoption is a beautiful thing but NOT for this reason alone) and please, adopt a boy. Because I pity any baby girl who has to grow up with someone criticizing her body the way you criticize other women. Women who made the choice to have children. Women who are beautiful BECAUSE they made that choice.

Bring it, Jillian. Bring it.

For the record, it was this article that pissed me off. And it references this magazine (Women's Health, for crying out loud! Whiskey! Tango! Foxtrot?!?!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I am a fan of Jillian's workouts and of The Biggest Loser, but I am definitely disappointed in her statements, and find it a bit concerning that her self-worth is so tied into her physical appearance. I will admit that I sometimes feel a bit down about what having 4 babies in 4 years has done to my body, but one look at them is all the reminder I need to see why it was worth it! And they could care less if I was a size 2 or a size 12!

Anonymous said...

I, personally, hope she doesn't acquire children either biologically or through adoption. Can you even IMAGINE being that kid? She'll be sorely disappointed when she realizes that little humans require that you give up your selfishness and actually pay attention to them and to their needs....something I'm not sure she can do.

Rocket Ma'am said...

Someone who has image problems that deep surely qualifies as having a psychological disorder that would keep her from being allowed to adopt. Is she even married? If she is (which I doubt) it must be to someone who married her for her bod. No healthy relationship would support her statements, gag.

Burgh Baby said...

It's kind of amazing that someone who makes a living by promoting positive body image has such a piss-poor image of herself. I mean, really. Not even counseling can fix that much of a mess.

muffintopmommy said...

You go off with your bad size 6 self!
And thank you for reading my post about Jillian on my blog.
Obviously you know how I feel, but I think Jillian's remarks bothered me so much because she's made millions from women who are coming to her for expert advice on how to better themselves by becoming more physically fit. Obviously, many of these women have had babies. So for Jillian to imply having a baby would ruin her body, makes her seem like a hypocrite to me, and an insecure one at that. If there's more to the story and we misinterpreted her meaning, as she's implied, I'd love to hear more. Until then, I can only assume she doesn't believe in her product or in her clients. So I said, she can kiss my muffin top!